Pro for Etsy:
- It has the name. It is hard to find someone in this business who has not heard of Etsy.
- The forums. They are very active and have been very useful for hints, suggestions, and a sense of community.
- Time - as in, I have put a lot of time into my Etsy shop. I think letting it go, or distancing myself from it, is more of a psychological issue than anything.
- Paypal allows for instant payment directly into my account. 1000 Markets uses Amazon Payments, which can take a bit longer because the money has to be transferred into my account.
- The look. It is a sleeker, more professional design that just looks cleaner.
- It is not as crowded - or shall I say bloated - as Etsy.
- The quality of merchandise appears to be superior, compared to Etsy. I have thought for a while that Etsy was beginning to get watered down. There is some OUTSTANDING work on Etsy, but let's face it, some stuff that is, well, not.
If you would like to check out my 1000 Markets shop, this is a sample of what I have for sale: